San Lorenzo Valley Water District is seeking for applicants for the placement of Director of Finance and Small business Services. Make sure you read through the information of the posture and how to apply underneath:
CLOSING Date: Open up till stuffed
Income: $10,373- $13,900 for every thirty day period based on skills
Status: Entire-time, exempt
HOW TO Use: If interested, you should total a full software, observed in this article.
ABOUT THE DISTRICT
The San Lorenzo Valley Water District is in the coastal redwoods roughly 10 miles northeast of Santa Cruz, CA. If you reside in the close by cities of Felton or Scotts Valley, you are a comforting 15-minute push to do the job or the beach front. The District maintains somewhere around 190 miles of pipeline and serves a populace of somewhere around 35,000 prospects. The SLV Drinking water District was recognized in 1941 and serves the communities of Boulder Creek to Felton and Lompico to Scotts Valley.
Less than direction of the Common Supervisor, the Director of Finance and Small business Services performs specialist accounting and administrative perform to establish, apply and immediate the finance, accounting and small business features of the District. These features contain budgets, audits, client company, standard ledger, accounts payable, payroll, reimbursement, money evaluation, fiscal reporting, getting, warehousing and inventory handle. The Director oversees and directs the get the job done of assigned staff and consultants.
The Director of Finance and Business enterprise Products and services is accountable for advanced capabilities relevant to the fiscal and business enterprise elements of the District. The placement will deliver way, fingers-on management and continual improvement of economical functions and enterprise programs for a shorter- and long-phrase time period. Get the job done is done with a large diploma of independence.
Vital Duties (Responsibilities may possibly involve, but are not confined to, the adhering to)
- Directs the District’s economic and accounting procedures, like preparation and maintenance of fiscal and accounting documents, preparing of timely and accurate fiscal studies, establishing typical accounting and internal control programs, making ready month-end closing as properly as 12 months-close closing, and coordinating once-a-year audits.
- Guides organizing, organizing and handling of human resources routines, together with gains administration, employee relations, recruitment and variety, classification and compensation, employees payment, employee enhancement, and other connected actions.
- Manages the District’s payroll function, including tax reporting supervises employees liable for processing payroll and guarantees that payroll work satisfies requirements of accuracy and established deadlines.
- Workout routines supervision more than personnel which include selection of candidates, preparation of worker evaluations, producing functionality improvement ideas to deal with troubles, and applying disciplinary action.
- Directs the integration of personal computer-primarily based devices for accounting and company record-holding which include project management, perform orders, stock and extra.
- Prepares prudent, affordable once-a-year accounting division finances and monitors same to ensure expenses are inside budget.
- Makes sure fiscal matters (grants, loans, bonds) are in compliance with State and Federal mandates.
Demonstrated Understanding Of And Performance In The Subsequent Parts:
- Accounting concept, ideas and techniques and their software
- Advanced accounting and economical reporting programs
- State-of-the-art ideas and practices of funds planning and administration
- Principles and methods of successful administration and supervision such as arranging, organizing, examining work and schooling and evaluating personnel
- Concepts and techniques of economic investigation
- Laptop apps relevant to accounting, budgeting and fiscal management
- Ideas, tactics and trends of public and company administration
- Relevant federal, state, and district regulations principles and polices
Training And Knowledge Tips:
- Any blend of schooling and practical experience that demonstrates attainment of the needed knowledge and ability to conduct the essential operate (with acceptable lodging, if necessary), generally:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university or college with a Bachelor’s diploma in accounting, finance, business enterprise administration or a closely relevant field is needed. A Master’s diploma in a related subject is remarkably fascinating.
- 5 a long time of progressively liable knowledge in governmental/ municipal finance, accounting or auditing, which include at the very least a few years of administrative and administration obligation.
- Certification as a Qualified General public Accountant (CPA), Qualified Federal government Finance Officer (CGFO) or Accredited Govt Finance Supervisor (CGFM) is hugely fascinating.
- A legitimate California course C driver’s license must be managed at all moments.
This District presents a aggressive reward deal, which includes but not confined to thorough Healthcare, Dental and Eyesight Insurance policy, Compensated Time Off, Paid out Vacations, CalPERS Pension, Everyday living Insurance, Incapacity Insurance policies, and much more.